I’m quickly realizing that those who read this blog may know little about me and our family. So we’ll play a little game: 20 questions. This is to help you get some information as to where the things written on this blog are coming from (ie. our perspective, location, culture…). I hope it’s helpful!
- Where do you live? Los Angeles. And we LOVE it here.
- How old are you? I am 24 and Christopher is 28 (…some seriously old souls over here)
- How did you two meet? We both worked together at J.Crew. I love a man who can dress well (can I get an “AMEN”?).
- How long have you been married? 4 wonderful, growth-focused years.
- What do you do for a living? I am a rotations coordinator at a medical school.
- And Christopher? He is in his final year of graduate school earning his Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsyD – psychologist in training).
- How many children do you have? 1, Theodore will be 1 year old in September.
- What is your favorite thing about living in LA? The diverse culture and food.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure? FASHION. The struggle to afford all the beautiful garments I want is far too real. And Boba!
- Who is your celebrity crush? Can I say Rachel McAdams here? She’s my spirit animal.
- What is your favorite food? A simple pasta dish with tomatoes.
- Do you have a go-to store you love to shop at? Club Monaco is amazing. It’s my Disneyland and I love going in there.
- Who is a blogger you look up to? Emily Schuman, of course. Amanda Watters (mama Watters) and Mary Orton (Memorandum).
- Do you have any pets? We have 2 dogs, Maggie is a poodle mix we rescued and Jack is a Pomeranian.
- What did you major in in college? Psychology. Reppin’ for Chapman University.
- Hobbies? Cooking, hiking, running, yoga.
- What is your dream job? Running this blog, writing about things that interest and add richness to others’ lives.
- Favorite TV show right now? The Mindy Project and New Girl
- What is your ethnicity? My momma is from the Netherlands, she is Dutch-Indonesian and my dad is Italian.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Travel with a person before you marry them. It will give you a better idea of how they react to new environments and how adaptable they are.
Let me know if you have any other things you’d like to know about us! Enjoy the good stuff today!